Sunday, June 21, 2009

Welcome to day Six! Happy Fathers Day!

My name is Travis Tesone. I am an assistant football coach at Sterling College. My wife is the co-leader of the trip and I have known Ben for about seven years. I am so very fortunate to be apart of a special group of people serving the families of Peru. I am amazed by how much Spanish I remember. I also haven’t had this much Spanish at one time since my sister Nina’s wedding! (Love you and can’t wait to see those twin baby girls!!!!)

Today being Sunday and also Father’s Day made the day a lot different. We got to sleep in 15 minutes extra for starters! Once we got ready our team and the St. Louis Team headed to Villa del Milagro where we were moving the dirt. This time we had many children to see. Since Villa del Milagro is not completed, they are only doing Sunday School but soon will be transitioning to a Church. There were about 45 kids there and only 7 adults with four teachers. We gave candy to the children then prayed with the adults. We prayed in particular for Laronzo and his eye sight and also for Walter, the paster of Villa Del Milargo. It was very touching hearing Walter’s story. God is Awesome. After Villa Del Milagro we came back to Roma Lee for Church. Church started at 11:00. Church was interesting. Being Father’s Day they had a few specials. First three boys came out in one of the funniest outfits. I’ll do my best to describe it. The kids had shoes, pants, shirt, jacket and a tie on and lastly a big top hat. But between the shirt and top hat was a painted face on the stomachs! There arms were inside the big top hat. The song was “Pappi Pappi Pappi.” It was pretty funny. There was also a lady who sang acapello. It was beautiful. The Praise and Worship was nice. We knew a few of the songs. The message was about being a good father and good husband. After church we handed out candy to the kids.

Being Father’s Day they cancelled Sunday Evening Service. So we went out to dinner to Chifa China for Chinese food. New foods today were pickled turnips and carrots. I liked it, Ashley didn’t. They served us corn juice, but it comes from a purple corn. I liked it, Ashley didn’t. Then for dinner, Chinese food. I like it and Ashley didn’t, she says she’s not a Chinese person, I said to myself, “I know, you’re an American.” She’s so cute. After Lunch/Dinner I took a nap then we had devos and made a video for our Padre’s. I hope you all like it. Today we are just resting up for the work week. We love you and miss you all and thank you so much for your prayers!

Travis “es un chestoso” the jokester Tesone

No comments:

Post a Comment