Friday, June 19, 2009

How do you say “Dirt” en Espanol?

Hello All, my name is Ashley Tesone. One and a half years ago, I graduated from Greenville College with my degree in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPR): Adult Fitness. I now live in Sterling, KS where I manage the Sterling Community Wellness Center and assistant coach Sterling College cross-country and track. Two years and about one month ago I married Travis Tesone. It has truly been an amazing experience being here and serving with him. (Quick note to Nina and Pablo… are the twins here yet?!?!?!) : ) I grew up in Nebraska on a farm/ranch and loved everything about it. I do not know why God chose to bless me with such a great family and upbringing but thank you Jesus and thank you fam! I love you! I also have a TWIN sister whom I especially want to say “Hi” to and can’t wait to see you again! I LOVE YOU! Enough about me… onto the truly important stuff…..

Today, as Ben prefaced to, Terrance took us to Milagro, “Village of the Miracle.” The village of Milagro is quite the amazing story as it was once wiped out by El Nino in 1998. However, I truly believe the Lord is in the business of making the least His greatest! It is incredible what the Lord can do with a wiped out city. Now, rising is a church where they are already holding Sunday school classes for the children there (in Milagro.) Interestingly enough, Terrance (or should I say T-Bone) informed us that many of the adults will send their kids to Sunday school to check it out for them. Pretty soon numbers will multiply and the Lord is completely glorified! Onto what has began in construction there will be a Sanctuary. The land for the sanctuary was actually donated by a local and to hear, the story has God’s fingerprints all over it! HE truly is AMAZING!
Here, in Milagro at the church site, our goal was somewhat of a David vs. Goliath project, us being David and an ENORMOUS dirt pile being Goliath. Our goal was to put an equivalent of 3 and a half truck loads of dirt, with solely shovels, a pick-axe, and wheel barrows in hand, into a room to lay it as the starting point for the floor. Let’s just say Goliath is almost defeated, at least will be by noon tomorrow!!! Hurray! If we weren’t sore from yesterday, we will be from today! Praise the Lord for strong backs! I only pray today we have blessed the people of Milagro as much as I (and I think I can speak for everyone) have been blessed by them. It is truly amazing just being here and seeing. Summed up in one phrase, my ‘roughing it’ is their lifestyle, and I’m no city girl. : ) “Oh Jesus,” I kept saying today, “Please bless them.” Even though I wish we could do so much more the floor we began laying today will without a doubt be only the physical foundation for God’s foundation to be poured out throughout the city!

4 comments:

  1. ASH & TRAV!!
    So cool to be "blogging" with ya all!!:) It is so incredible how our God can use all of your labor for His glory!! Way to go on attacking that enormous dirt pile!! Keep it up!!
    love, ness and steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIC!! TRAV!! I love you! I miss you lots. I've only gotten teary once thus far. :) I love that I can see you and hear about what's going on. Oh the beautiful hands and feet of God you all are! I will continue to pray for all of you and the hearts of the Peruvians. May God bless you and keep you close as you seek Him and show his amazing love! I can't wait to see you!
    Love,
    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley, Glad to be able to keep in contact with you all. enjoyed the visits!! God Bless you for all your hard work to Serve the Lord!! WE love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Breitling Bentley comes with a variable tachometer which measures average speed. It gets its name from the prestigious British car the Bentley.The Montbrillant Datora , the official watch of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, was first introduced in 1952 addressing the specific needs of pilots. A pilot watch extraordinaire, it comes with a navigation computer that's built in. The watch can actually perform all the calculations that are necessary for a flight plan.The Breitling Avenger is another pilot watch. It's the watch for pilots that love the look of a watch with a very modern spin.
    So began Coach bags in 1941 with their first refined leather bags, built to stand the test of time.Six artists began Coach Luggage in a loft in Manhattan, New York and the company has since stayed in New York in a larger location to allow for its expansion. Only the top 10% of quality leather is chosen to become a Coach Madison and the leather is slow cured in large drums with rotation for several days.
    Regardless of what you are searching for in a brace of shoes, you should be able to acquisition it in a brace of Hogan scarpe . Hogan scarpe donna adore a advanced acceptance based on their all-embracing comfort, altered styles, and the amount that they action for their price. After aggravating out hogan donna , you are acceptable to accept them as your admired brand, adequate the adequate and beautiful designs that accept fabricated the aggregation famous.

    ReplyDelete